- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 months ago by Denali Christianson.
May 5, 2020 at 12:34 am #47548Denali ChristiansonGuest
I can’t get over how insanely sad the ending of the third book is!!! it’s just SAD!!!! How did everyone like it? I have literally never cried over any book, movie, tv show, anything. Except for the end of the third book. I’m literally sobbing for twenty minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME I READ IT!!!!! So, thoughts? I don’t know if I like it or not…
I mean, it would have been interesting to see where the story would have gone differently if Esben had, ya know, not been killed, but at the same time I get that he kinda needed to die so that Janner and Kalmar would have to be men. Thoughts?
Throne Warden in Christ,
May 20, 2020 at 10:26 am #49022Kylie WingfeatherGuest
The ending of the third book is so sad! I did’t cry, but it was so sad! Why couldn’t Esben stay alive. Nia, Janner, Kalmar, and Leeli needed him. Especially Kal. Come back Esben!
May 20, 2020 at 1:10 pm #49025Denali ChristiansonGuest
ikr! It was so sad!!!! It would be interesting to know what would have happened differently in the fourth book had Esben lived. What do you think would have been different?
May 20, 2020 at 1:44 pm #49034Wingiby IggibyGuest
What would have been different? Hmmm.
1. Aneira would have had a bear king, not a wolf king (just kidding!); but Kalmar wouldn’t have been king.
2. Nia wouldn’t have carried her relationship on with Rudric.
3. Esben would probably have gone after the boys when they left for Throg, since he could see what Leeli did when she played her music.
4. Artham would have been healed of his grief sooner.
Just a few thoughts!
May 20, 2020 at 3:28 pm #49079Denali ChristiansonGuest
I agree, Wingiby!
Another thing: Gnag probably would have been after Esben too.
Esben would have been transformed back into a human along with all the other cloven at the end of the fourth book.
Rudric wouldn’t have been feeling guilty about killing Esben, but then there would have been a super awkward love triangle…okay now I’m kinda glad AP didn’t do that!
- The forum ‘Book 3: The Monster in the Hollows’ is closed to new topics and replies.