The Ice Bucket Challenge has taken the social media world by storm.
Thousands—maybe millions—have dunked themselves with ice cold water and donated $100 to support ALS research (or other charities of their choosing).
While many celebrities have joined in the fun, Matt Damon has a unique twist on his dunking to raise awareness about clean drinking water around the world:
That’s awesome! 😀
And while we’re raising awareness about clean drinking water, let’s take a look at a number of alarming statistics from Water.org:
- Every 21 seconds, a child dies from a water-related illness
- Women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water
- More than 2.5x more people lack water than live in the United States
- The majority of illness is caused by fecal matter
- More people have a mobile than a toilet